Siam-Info - Thailand Information
facebook deutsch

Visa for ThailandVisa for Thailand

General entry

Before landing in Thailand the Entry card [sample] are handed out by the flight companies. In order to avoid difficulties with entering the country, this card should be filled out completely and accurately. It is examined thoroughly at passport control. In former times, a customs declaration form was given out in the airplane, which was collected in again when leaving the airport. The customs officials now do without this form. Of course, you are obliged to declare the commodity and confirm the tariff code, just like everywhere in the world. In Thailand luggage can also be randomly inspected.

Entry without visa (Visa on Arrival)

  • Granted: Entry stamp when passing through the border.
  • Requirement:
    Citizen of most European countries [more]
    Return flight or onward flight ticket
    Passport still has at least 6 months validity
    Child passports are not recognized
  • Duration of stay:
    Arrived air: 30 days for Citizen of most European countries [more]
    Arrived by road: 15 days for Citizen of most European countries
  • Extension: 1 x 7 days
  • Multiple entry: 3 x 30 days is permitted in half a year (new Oct 2006)
  • Working: prohibited
  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs Kingdom of Thailand:
    Visa Information

Tourist Visa Sample

Non-immigrant 90 day visa Sample

Non-Immigrant Visa (Long Stay) Sample

Three-Year Non-Immigrant Visa “B” (Business only)

    Foreign citizen who wishes to visit Thailand for business purpose may apply for a three-year Non-Immigrant Visa “B”.  This type of visa may be issued to businessmen for multiple-entries and is valid for 3 years.  It allows holder to visit Thailand as often as required for as long as the visa remains valid and allows holder to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days during each visit.  Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited for holder of such visa.

    Ministry of Foreign Affairs Kingdom of Thailand
    Three-Year Non-Immigrant Visa “B”

Thai Longstay Management [more]

Residence Permit

Register obligation

Owners of an annual visa must report to the immigration office every 90 days and fill out a report form. Neglecting to do this can lead to strong punishments. The 90 day period is calculated from the date of entry. Since July 2008, the immigration office requires an address confirmation for the 90 day registration. This address confirmation does not necessarily have to be a landlord/rental contract. The immigration office will also accept different types of documents which confirm the address. This can be a Thai driver’s licence or an electricity, telephone or internet bill.

Foreigners often count the 90 days from their last immigration office visit and then have to pay hefty fines because the period was exceeded. Therefore the best option is to confirm the next date with an official. Foreigners who have found accommodation with friends or relatives must imperatively remember to register at the immigration office immediately (24 hours) upon arrival. Hotels take over this service for tourists.

Form download (HOUSE-MASTER)

Re-entry permit sample

Owners of an annual visa must request a "re-entry permit" before a departure. Failure to request a re-entry permit means forfeiting the annual visa.
Form download TM8

Check entry stamps.

You should immediately check the stamp which has been entered into your passport. At this time, you will still be able amend any errors without any problems. For example, if a non-immigrant visa is mistakenly stamped with only a 60 day stamp, you will surely have a problem later.


You should absolutely avoid exceeding the duration of your stay stated in your visa. One day is possibly still tolerated at departure. For each day exceeded over the departure date, a fee of 500 Baht becomes due. If an entry is made in your passport, it can lead to problems in acquiring a visa at a later date. If you are stopped and checked by the police and are found to have an expired visa, you can count on detention and deportation. Long-term overstays lead to high fines and/or detentions.

Good manners

As with all authorities, decent clothes and a friendly conversational language are recommended.


If you are not able to stick to the duration of your visa due to illness or accident, you must present a medical certificate. Certificates from national hospitals are recognized by the immigration office. It is possible that treatment at a private hospital must be confirmed by a national hospital.

Form downloads


All data is provided without guarantee!

Print page
Learn Thai mit ThaiTrainer111
More Info ThaiTrainer111

Learn Thai language

Learn the Thai numbers with ThaiNumbers
More Info ThaiNumbers

Learn Thai numbers